TEAM NPF EVENT WAIVER AND RELEASE
IN CONSIDERATION of being given the opportunity to participate in the Event, I, the undersigned, on behalf of myself and my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, and next of kin, represent, warrant, acknowledge, and agree as follows:
1. I understand the nature of the Event. I am voluntarily participating in the Event at my own request and I hereby assume all risk associated with my participation in the Event. In the event the Event involves any form of physical activity or requirement, I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in the Event, and willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions of participation.
2. (a) THE EVENT MAY INVOLVE RISKS AND DANGERS of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, death, and other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time (collectively, the “Risks”); and (b) the Risks may be caused by my own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in the Event, the condition in which the Event takes place, or the actions, inactions or negligence of any of the Releasees named below. I FULLY ACCEPT AND ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, COST, AND/OR DAMAGE I incur as a result of my participation in the Event.
3. While participating in the Event, if I observe any condition which I consider to be unacceptably hazardous or dangerous, I will notify the proper authority in charge of the Event and will refuse to take part in the Event until the condition has been corrected to my satisfaction.
4. I HEREBY RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE, AND I HEREBY WAIVE ALL CLAIMS AGAINST, the National Psoriasis Foundation, the owners and lessors of premises on which the Event takes place, participating Event coaches, trainers, organizers, volunteers, sponsors, and advertisers, and their respective administrators, directors, officers, managers, agents, volunteers and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”) from, for and against all liability, claims, demands, injuries, losses and damages on my account caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the negligence of any of the Releasees or otherwise, including negligent rescue operations. I further agree that if, despite this Waiver and Release, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I WILL INDEMNIFY, SAVE, AND HOLD HARMLESS each of the Releasees from, for and against any and all litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any of the Releasees may incur as a result of such claim, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
5. I hereby grant to the National Psoriasis Foundation and its legal representatives and assigns, and those acting with its authority and permission, the irrevocable and unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, publish, and re-publish recordings of my voice, photographic portraits or pictures, including in video, or other formats depicting movement, of me or in which I may be included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise in any and all media, including use in websites or other internet based mediums, now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever. I also consent to the use of any printed matter in conjunction therewith. I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect or approve the finished product or products and the advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless the National Psoriasis Foundation, its legal representatives and assigns, and all persons acting under its permission or authority from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form, whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or recording of my voice or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
6. I am over 13 years old.
I have read this Waiver and Release, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature, and intend it to be a complete and unconditional waiver and release of all liability and assumption of all risk to the greatest extent allowed by law, and agree that if any portion of this Waiver and Release is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
PARENTAL AND/OR LEGAL GUARDIAN CONSENT TO TEAM NPF WAIVER AND RELEASE
(Necessary if participant is under the age of 18 years).
If the participant is under the age of 18 years, by entering my full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and relationship to the minor participant in the box, I, the minor participant’s parent and/or legal guardian, hereby acknowledge and agree, on behalf of myself and the minor participant, that I have read the following Waiver and Release, fully understand and agree to its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and have signed it freely and without any inducement or assurance of any nature, and intend it to be a complete and unconditional waiver and release of all liability and assumption of all risk to the greatest extent allowed by law, and agree that if any portion of the below Waiver and Release is held to be invalid, the balance, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.
Click the box below to indicate acceptance and agreement to the above Team NPF Event Waiver and Release.
16408-001\Release of Liability 1 (00504490);5